Tina G. Fowler represents management in the private and public business sectors. In addition to her twenty plus years of experience consulting clients concerning complex employment, labor, and contractual matters, she served as general counsel for a state-wide home health care company assisting with governmental regulatory compliance and OFCCP compliance. She also has public sector collective bargaining experience including helping a large Missouri city develop and pass its first collective bargaining framework ordinance.
Ms. Fowler has successfully defended, from charge to jury verdict, employment discrimination actions before the EEOC/MCHR, and in federal and state court. She has successfully argued before federal/state appellate courts, including the Eighth Circuit. She defends and offers counsel to clients regarding discrimination claims based on disability, race, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, religion, or any protected class, and against claims of sexual and other harassment, retaliation, and wrongful discharge. She has experience in reductions in force, discipline/discharge, pay practices, affirmative action, hiring/reference procedures, OSHA, FMLA, GINA, NLRA, unemployment, drug/alcohol testing policies, collective action FLSA claims, and employee benefits. She also has class action experience, defending class action claims under the FLSA, the MMWL, and the MMPA, as well as defending common law actions.
Ms. Fowler conducts training for employers and presents seminars on employment-related issues. She conducts confidential investigations involving allegations of harassment or other alleged improper conduct, including improper use of company equipment, property, technology systems, or managerial authority. She routinely reviews and drafts comprehensive contracts to include employment terms and conditions, and she prepares and enforces separation agreements and noncompetition agreements.
- Labor Relations
- Regulatory Compliance
University of Oklahoma – J.D., with distinction
- Order of the Barristers
- American Indian Law Review – Editor-in-Chief
- National Trial Team – 1996-1997
- National Moot Court Team – 1995-1996
- Master of Business Administration – 1990
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude – 1988
- The Missouri Bar – 1997
- The Oklahoma Bar – 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of MO – 1997
- The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals – 2000
Professional & Community Activities
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Federal Practice, Committee Member
- The Missouri Bar Task Force on the Future of the Profession, Committee Member
- Good Samaritan Boys Ranch – Personnel Committee Member
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Boys & Girls Town of MO – State HR Chair 2001-2004
- Chamber of Commerce Leadership Springfield Class XVIII