Mr. Millsap graduated in the top ten of his law school class at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) in 1985. Upon graduation, Mr. Millsap began his civil law trial practice with The Farrington & Curtis Springfield law firm. In August 1992, Mr. Millsap joined Ron Baird and John Lightner where he has practiced the past 27 years.
During Mr. Millsap’s 33 years of private practice, he has been involved in a wide range of civil litigation, including insurance defense, workers compensation, dissolution of marriage, child custody and appellate cases. For the past 20 years, Mr. Millsap’s primary area of practice has been complex dissolution of marriage and child custody litigation.
University of Missouri – Columbia, B.S., magna cum laude, 1982
- Recipient University Scholar Award, University of Missouri 1981
- Recipient University Scholar Award, University of Missouri, 1982
University of Missouri – Kansas City, J.D., with distinction, 1985
- Phi Kappa Phi; Delta Theta Phi Order of the Bench and Robe
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Estate Planning
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Insurance Law
- Missouri, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 1985
Professional & Community Activities
- Missouri Bar Association
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Chairman (2008-2010)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Springfield City Utilities Board of Directors (2018)
- St. James Episcopal Church Vestry (2019)
Publications & Presentations
- Missouri Bar Association’s 11th Annual Family Law Conference, Guest Speaker and Faculty Member, August 2011
Mr. Millsap has been granted the distinction of an AV™ Preeminent rating by the Martindale Hubbell Association® Peer and Judicial Review, its highest rating. It is a reflection of his experience as an attorney, as well as high professional and ethical standards.
- Best Lawyers in America® 2010-present